Food on your table today.
And a path to a better tomorrow.
We’re working as a community to make it happen.
You may have an image of what a food bank looks like. Ours is different.
- We’re like a friendly neighborhood grocery store. No one hands you a bag already packed with food. You walk through our shop with a basket, making your own choices.
- We offer perishable and non-perishable foods. Including fresh fruit and vegetables, meats, dairy and baked goods. So you can plan and enjoy healthy, nutritious meals.
- We also help you become more self-sustaining. Our community resource navigator works with you confidentially to set goals and find the support you need to reach them.
- Everyone’s welcome here. People of diverse backgrounds and experiences who need a little help but still expect to be treated with dignity and respect, free from judgement.
- Like the generous community that supports us, we care deeply about providing food to neighbours in need and helping them start to transform their lives.
“GBFN utilizes the design of a grocery store, which allows people to shop like every other person. This model is truly inspiring and dignified for all who enter their doors. Not only do they provide opportunities for low-income families, but it is accomplished with people’s dignity at the forefront.”— Dean Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, CLH Developmental Support Services
0+households supported by our food bank
0+people per month access healthy, nutritious food
0+people in our region face regular food insecurity